On June 24, 1849, Reverend Asahel Chapin and forty-two members constituted Second Baptist Church in Holyoke. This young church would live, grow, and minister in the city of Holyoke for the next 137 years.
In 1986 the members of Second Baptist had a vision and a challenge. They made the decision to come “across the river” to South Hadley and be named, Second Baptist Church of South Hadley.
Over the next 20+ years the church would grow into its new building and expand in its new location. A great deal of this expansion occurred during the ministries of Pastor Donald Bradley, who was then succeeded by his son, Pastor Ryan Bradley.
In almost 170 years of serving Jesus Christ, this church has truly built a great heritage. We invite you to fill our seats and grow with us in numbers and faith!
We are happy to report that we have been blessed with an Interim Pastor, Rev. Dr. Joe Greene! He began in April 2018 and we are excited to see what God has in store.
We acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Head of this Church. Its government is vested in its members. The Church affirms its desires to cooperate with other Christian bodies having the same general objectives. We, therefore, affiliate with: